MKPC now part of River Falls K & P Camp
We’ve moved the location of the River Falls High School Camp from UW-River Falls Smith Stadium to the River Falls High School practice facility.
In short, we didn’t have the numbers to pull off our planned live-stream event to our satisfaction, so we decided for the next best thing… we’re making it PART OF THE RIVER FALLS CAMP!
If you’re already signed up for that camp, then there’s nothing more to do. There is no extra fee for you. If you’re going to one of our other camps, you can attend just the MKPC event for half-price ($50) or, sign up for the River Falls Camp ($125) and get in for free!
Each Mike Farley’s Kickers Camp is unique in the skills and drills we teach, so there’s always something new to learn. The new practice facility is state-of-the-art and we’ll have a great camp — learning more advanced techniques in kicking and punting.
We will be filming the MKPC event for our YouTube channel, but we won’t be live-streaming this year. We will have an edited video with commentary — and we look forward to being “under-the-lights” for next season!
The high school is on the south side of River Falls, not far off of Hwy.35 and Hwy.29. It’s a new school with new facilities, including a brand new turf practice football field. It’ll suit our needs nicely.
ABOUT THE MIDWEST KICKING & PUNTING CHAMPIONSHIP
We had high hopes to bring a unique competition to the state, but our sign ups weren’t strong enough to justify the live-streamed under-the-lights YouTube production costs at a college stadium.
We remain committed to the idea… so instead of scrapping it, we’ve decided to ADD it to our last camp of the summer. This way, we get to test out what we want to do, while the kids get the opportunity to compete in a fun and lively atmosphere.
If you’re here to watch your athlete, be back by 11:30 for the competition to begin. It will likely take a couple of hours to complete. And, you may still have enough time after the camp to take in a bit of the festivities of River Falls Days, which run from Friday through Sunday!
Click on image to enlarge.
How the competition works:
• The entry fee of $100* allows all participants to compete in all three disciplines (KO, P & FG).
• For Kickoff, Punt and Field Goal, you’ll get two misses before you are out of the competition for that discipline.
• For kickoffs and punting, you have to get your kick to the goalline (touch the line) or beyond AND inside the sidelines. Kicks into and out of the end zone must pass through the goalline and not out of bounds prior to the goalline (impartial referees will determine this).
• For field goals, referees will signal if the kick passes between the uprights and over the crossbar.
• You have the option to pass at the opening distance if you wish. Most will want to use closer distances as their “warm-up” kicks.
• Should you succeed in your kick, you stay in the competition and move back 5-yards. The competition keeps moving back in 5-yard increments until 1 winner is crowned.
• Should final participants both miss their second kick, both will move closer to the end zone by 3 yards, then move back to the previous spot, if necessary until a champion is crowned.
• All ages will participate at each discipline testing session, as they are called to compete. Winners will be announced for both the high school and college/free agent divisions.
• If you miss, you’ll be called back in the same round to advance or be eliminated.
• Hangtimes aren’t part of the judging, however, a better hangtime typically means a better kick.
TO WRAP UP… ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET YOUR KICK TO THE GOALLINE (KO & P) or THROUGH THE POSTS (FG).
*Half off for if you’ve attended another Mike Farley’s Kicker Camp and FREE for anyone who signs up for the River Falls High School camp.
Get signed up for the competition…